This week I spent a total of $70.15 on groceries, putting me right at my weekly $70 budget for my husband and myself.
I do the majority of our shopping at Mariano’s, our local grocery store which is located right down the block from us. I check their weekly ads so I can be on the lookout for any sales. At Trader Joe’s, there are some few key items that I pick up there. The prices at Trader Joe’s don’t often fluctuate so I typically do my large haul first because I know what I’ll have leftover to spend at Trader Joe’s. This week I was also near a Walmart (a rarity for me), so I stopped in and bought a can of Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk for only $1.78. This runs for $3.00 at Mariano’s!
Favorite purchases of the week:
- Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – $1.78/can @ Walmart (rollback price); this is the cheapest I’ve ever found it not on sale – it usually runs about $2.50-$3.00 per can at most stores
- Ground Beef – $2.49/lb @ Mariano’s (an unexpected sale!)
- Organic Broccoli – $1.48/lb @ Mariano’s; conventional broccoli was more expensive @ $1.99/lb
- Organic Baby Carrots – $.99/lb @ Mariano’s; conventional baby carrots were more expensive at $1.50/lb (to save money, I often buy whole carrots and chop them myself, but once in awhile, convenience wins)
- Organic Coconut Flour – $2.99/lb @ Trader Joe’s; this is far cheaper than the popular Bob’s Red Mill brand which runs about $6.99/lb
- Applegate Grass Fed Organic Hot Dogs – $3.99/12oz package @ Trader Joe’s; Trader Joe’s has the best price for these at $4.99/12oz package and I had a $1 off coupon for signing up for emails at applegate.com/coupons (AND YES, Trader Joe’s does accept coupons)
- Kerrygold Grass Fed Butter – $3.19/8oz @ Trader Joe’s; we don’t eat much dairy and often go for ghee, but at this price for Kerrygold, I’ll gladly eat the butter unclarified!
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!