Are you a Trader Joe’s fan? I recently challenged myself to take my $70 weekly grocery budget and only shop at this popular grocer. I came home with three bags filled with a variety of goodies.
I spent a total of $64.41 for groceries which lasted my husband Ty and I for a week. What you see below is the bulk of what we ate, but we always had leftovers from previous weeks as well as pantry items to supplement the haul (like raw honey, pure maple syrup, tuna, and oats).
You can read about the details of my $65 Trader Joe’s grocery haul in this post.
Trader Joe’s Meal Plan Ideas
With the food pictured from Trader Joe’s, here are some meal ideas! This will last me and my husband one week. Keep in mind that we’ve also got items in the freezer and our pantry to supplement this grocery haul.
- Greek Yogurt with Bananas
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 Pita filled with Peanut Butter and a thinly sliced Apple
- Magical Chicken Legs with Roasted Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and Onion
- Kale Salad made with Kale, Avocado, Red Pepper, and Pan Fried Pork Sausage and dressed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Lemon Juice
- Pita filled with Roasted Chicken, Avocado, Green Pepper, Grape Tomatoes, and topped with Greek Yogurt
- Cashew & Turkey Meatballs with Cauliflower Mash (sub Greek Yogurt for sour cream)
- Leftovers! On Sunday, I’ll slow cook a whole chicken and eat it throughout the week. Use the meat to top off a kale salad or add it to a pita for a quick sandwich. Grab an apple or banana for a complete meal!
What meals would you make with these ingredients?
P.S. Check out my Week of Real Simple, Real Food Dinners
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!