Anyone out there like warehouse clubs? The other day I took myself on a date to Sam’s Club (because I found out non-members can get day passes!). I mean let’s be real, between the free samples and standing in awe of the 48 ounce jars of peanut butter and scoping out the latest deals on electronics, you’ve got a whole day’s worth of activities under one roof! Plus, I love price checking at every store I go to, so that alone could keep my entertained for hours.
While at Sam’s Club, I came across a 12 pack of Annie’s Organic Mac and Cheese and I thought to myself, “Sometimes I just need a quick, no brainer dinner… These could be a lifesaver on the nights I just can’t think.” Amiright?!
So I picked up the pack and wondered up and down the other 97 aisles of food and found both frozen broccoli and pre-cooked chicken sausages in my cart – two easy peasy items to bulk up this mac and make me feel more adult (who am I kidding – Ty and I are still just big kids!).
This meal may not be fancy, but it’s filling and fast – just what I need on nights when I simply can’t fathom cooking. Plus it makes great leftovers for weekday lunches if I make a bulk batch. And did I mention it’s just $1.87 per serving? Pair it with a side salad and this meal might just fool people into thinking Ty and I know what we’re doing with this whole adulting thing. Or not. Either way, we’ll be full and content.
Want to see me make this mac? It’ll take you longer to watch this video than for you to make it yourself! (JK. It’ll take a little bit longer, but not much.)
- 1 box Annie's Mac and Cheese (170 g) $1.05
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (113 g) $.90
- 2 chicken sausage links (153 g) $1.59
- 1 cup frozen broccoli (90 g) $.20
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (2 g)
- 1/2 tsp pepper (1 g)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (1 g)
- Bring six cups of water to a boil.
- Add macaroni and simmer for 8 minutes or until soft.
- While pasta is cooking, microwave frozen broccoli according to package.
- Cut chicken sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain water and set to the side.
- Add Greek yogurt to the same pan as the pasta was cooked in.
- Mix in powdered cheese.
- Return pasta to pan and stir.
- Combine chicken sausage and broccoli with macaroni and cheese.
- Season with sea salt, pepper, and smoked paprika.
- Top with fresh parmesan, if desired.
- Total Servings: 2 | Total Cost: $3.74 | Cost per Serving: $1.87
- Curious where my prices come from? Check out my Budget Grocery Price List.
What’s your favorite quick and simple weeknight dinner after a long day?
Thanks to Annie’s for sponsoring this post! As always, all opinions are my own. #DiscoverAnnies