Do you know what’s crazy? I’ve been busier with Ty gone than when he’s home! How does that happen?! Between babysitting for extra cash, blogging, hanging with friends, and my full-time job, I’m having a hard time finding time to cook… or even eat! That means I’ve had lots of leftovers from week to week.
So this past Sunday, I got to have a little fun with my grocery haul. I splurged on a few items that I don’t usually buy since my budget allowed for it. That made for one happy single lady!
This Week’s Single Lady Grocery Haul Highlights
I’m just going to break this all down for you since I bought so few items.
- Oranges $2.50/3 lb bag or $.83/lb. 8 oranges total means they were just $.31 each!
- Bananas $.39/lb. I bought 3 small ones for one pound exactly making them $.13 each. How’s that for a cheap snack?
- Blueberries $2.50/pint
- Avocado $1.25 each
- Arugula, Organic $2.75/5 oz container or $8.80/lb. This was a splurge. Arugula is much more expenses than other greens, but I just love it oh so much. Here’s my favorite arugula salad.
- Pickles, Natural $3.79/25 oz jar. These were also a splurge and so worth it! Do you know how hard it is to find clean pickles without making them yourself? These Frog Ranch pickles are my favorite.
- Peanut Butter, Natural $2.79/16 oz jar. This is seriously the best deal ever on natural peanut butter. Ingredients? Peanuts and salt.
- Butter, Organic $5.49/lb
- Eggs $1.79/dozen
Total Spent: $23.67
Meal Plan Ideas
I’ve got lots of random leftovers from the past few weeks. I’ve got ground beef in the freezer and even milk! I’m also well stocked on oats and Greek yogurt for breakfast. My meals aren’t going to be anything fancy. And mostly the same. Here’s what I’m thinking:
- Breakfast: Overnight Oats and Hard Boiled Eggs
- Lunch: Chili (since I didn’t get to making it last week)
- Dinner: Roasted Vegetables with leftover Slow Cooked Chicken
Here’s a look at the last four Single Lady Grocery Hauls. Many of the items have lasted me multiple weeks!
What grocery deals did you find this week?
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!