We are at the halfway mark, folks! Here is week 3 of 5 in my Single Lady Grocery Haul series. I’m finding that I’m overbuying food. In all honesty, I have so much brown rice, oats, and whole wheat flour in the cupboard, that I could survive off nothing but grains for the next month. Buuuuuut, I like my meat and veggies, so I’ve still been making my way to the grocery store.
I actually recently had a conversation with my friend Rebecca from Curiosity and a Carry On and she said she’d rather eat grains than meat whereas I’d rather have meat than grains, although I believe we both strive to find balance in our meals. I’m always so interested in people’s eating habits! If we ever meet, you better bet I’ll probably ask you something about the foods you grew up eating and your eating habits as an adult. I find it fascinating!
This Week’s Single Lady Grocery Haul Highlights
- Strawberries $1.50/lb. Does this mean spring is coming?!
- Apples, Braeburn $.99/lb
- Carrots, Baby $.69/lb. Usually I pay $1.25 so I was super happy with this.
- Potatoes, Red $.50/lb
- Sweet Potatoes $.75/lb
- Chicken, Whole $.99/lb. Here’s why you should learn to love whole chicken.
Total Spent: $35.22.
Right on track with my $35 budget. This grocery haul for one thing hasn’t been so bad.
Meal Planning Ideas
- Toast topped with Peanut Butter* and Banana plus two Hard Boiled Eggs
- Greek Yogurt topped with Strawberries and Pure Maple Syrup*
- Slow Cooker Chili made with Ground Beef, Black Beans, Diced Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, and Onion
- Oven Baked Tortillas Chips with Avocado
- Tacos made with Ground Beef, Tortillas, Avocado, Salsa*, Lettuce*, and Homemade Taco Seasoning*
- Curry & Coconut Oil Spatchcock Chicken served with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
- The leftover chicken can be used to make more tacos or put on salads.
What’s on your meal plan this week?
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!