Yowza! Isn’t summer just the best? We always have so many plans during these few months, and this weekend is no exception! We will be spending this Saturday celebrating the marriage of my best friend and I cannot wait! Since we will be traveling Thursday through Sunday, I only needed to pick up groceries for 4 days. This meant I had a $40 budget ($70 per week = $10 per day). Here’s how I spent it.
Total Spent: $40.29.
- $38.26 was spent on the haul you see pictured from Mariano’s.
- $2.03 was spent on last-minute chili powder from Jewel-Osco that didn’t make it on my grocery list.
I dug through my freezer and found 1lb of chicken breast and 2 pork chops, so those will be used up this week in addition to my haul. I encourage everyone to check their freezer before heading to the store. You may find some surprises!
Also, since we’ll be coming back late Sunday night, I made sure to pick up carrots and sweet potatoes, two veggies that will last well through the weekend and some chicken sausages so that we’ll have something available for us on Monday since I’ll be a day late with next week’s grocery haul.
This Week’s Grocery Haul Highlights:
All groceries were purchased at Mariano’s.
- Cauliflower for $1/lb. Yes, please!! This is the maximum price I’ll pay for this vegetable, and it hasn’t been this cheap in awhile so I was happy to pick up a head.
- Vidalia Onions $.65/lb. I usually end up with yellow onions because they are the cheapest. This week vidalia onions took the cake on price! I was very happy to pick up this sweeter variety.
- Strawberries $3.85/2lb; $1.93/lb. This can often be the price for just 1 lb. Score!
- Raspberries $1/6oz. The best price I’ve seen yet this summer, also making them the best deal of the week!
What’s the best grocery deal you found this week?
Curious what I consider a good price for groceries? I’ve listed the maximum price I’ll pay for food on this page!
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!