It’s Christmas week! Which means it’s almost the end of 2015. How did this happen?! This time of year everything gets a little off from our usual routines. Last week my best friend was visiting from France (you can check out her adventures at Blooming in Bordeaux!). And this week is a short week with the holiday. So with that, my usual grocery and cooking schedule has been out of whack. But to help us finish out 2015 strong, here’s what I bought Sunday at the grocery store in the midst of this craziness.
This Week’s Grocery Haul Highlights
- Potatoes $2.25/5lb or $.45/lb
- Blackberries $1.75/6oz
- Clemetines $3.95/3lb or $1.32/lb
- Peanut Butter, Natural Roundy’s $2.79/16oz jar
- Bread, Sprouted Angelic Bakehouse $3.59/16oz loaf
Total Spent: $48.07
Meal Planning Ideas
This week my grocery haul is all over the place. First of all, you might notice that there isn’t any meat. No, I haven’t gone vegetarian; I just have a freezer full of chicken and beef that I want to use up, along with frozen vegetable mixes and fruit. I also have a produce basket full of onions and sweet potatoes plus a pantry stocked with oatmeal and chicken broth. So what you see pictured is not creating full meals. Here are some ideas I have to make with what you see, plus what I already have.
I’m also planning on doing a little holiday baking, hence the brown sugar and chocolate chips. Definitely going to be baking some banana bread. Mmmmm. And maybe some cookies.
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Overnight Oats made with Oats*, Maple Syrup*, Milk, and Banana
- Green Smoothie made with Greek Yogurt*, Banana, Spinach*, Strawberries*, Milk
- Lemon & Onion Roasted Chicken Thighs*, Brown Rice, and Roasted Potatoes and Carrots
- Tuna Salad made with Tuna*, Red Onion*, and Homemade Mayo over a bed of Spinach* or served on Sprouted Bread
- Beef Pot Roast made with Chuck Roast*, Potatoes, Carrots, and Onion
- Slow Cooker Chicken & Salsa Soup made with Chicken Breast*, Chicken Broth*, Salsa, Potatoes, Carrots, Onion* and Spinach*
- Salad made with Spinach*, Chicken Breast*, Apples*, Almonds*, and dressed with a squirt of Lemon and a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- Chicken Tacos made with Chicken Thighs*, Tortillas, Salsa, Onion, and Cheese*
*Indicates item from a previous grocery haul.
Curious what I consider a good price for groceries? I’ve listed the maximum price I’ll pay for food on this page!
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!