Last week you may have noticed that I didn’t post my usual grocery haul. That’s because Ty and I were in New York! Instead of doing our usual shopping, we picked up some snacks at the store that we brought with us through airport security. For $10, we got way more for our money than we would have at O’Hare, plus we knew exactly what we were eating. Win-win!
This is all I bought for this week’s grocery haul as I’m off to #NYC for some fun! ✈️? I brought all this through #airport security with no troubles. So much cheaper than buying food at the airport! Not pictured: My empty water bottle for filling up before my flight! ? #cctips #instatravel #ohare #windycitybloggers #chicagoblogger #midwestbloggers #lifestyleblogger
This week we’re back at it. On Sunday I headed to my favorite supermarket in Chicago, Mariano’s, and stocked up. We’d run out of so many pantry items so I had to replenish our supply of brown rice, popcorn kernels, maple syrup, and butter. These are all items I only have to buy every once in awhile.
P.S. Can I just say that this lighting is killing me? It was already getting dark by the time I got home from the store at 4pm. I’ll need to go earlier in the day during the winter so I can get better pictures for you all!
This Week’s Grocery Haul Highlights
- Bananas $.39/lb
- Clementines $5.00/3lb or $1.66/lb
- Potatoes, Idaho $.65/lb
- Squash, Butternut $.75/lb
- Rice, Brown $1.69/32oz bag
- Chicken Thighs, Bone-In $1.50/lb
Total Spent: $60.59
Meal Planning Ideas
- Greek Yogurt with Bananas and Maple Syrup
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Toast with Bread, Banana, and Peanut Butter
- Classic PB&J Sandwich with Carrots
- Leftovers! Anything left from dinners throughout the week plus a two Clementines or a Banana
- Chicken Stir Fry made with Chicken Thighs, Frozen Vegetables, and Soy Sauce
- Chicken and Rice Soup made with Chicken Thighs, Brown Rice, Broth, Carrots, Garlic, and Onion
- Salad made with Spinach, Chicken Thighs, Carrots, Clementines, and dressed with a squirt of Lemon and a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Beets with Chicken Sausage
Curious what I consider a good price for groceries? I’ve listed the maximum price I’ll pay for food on this page!
Related Post: How Much Should YOU Spend on Groceries?
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!