I am not a morning person. If I had it my way, I’d never have to get out of bed before 9am… on early days. But alas, this is an unrealistic dream and each day I wake up much, much earlier than I’d like. To help coerce me out of bed, I’ve found having breakfast ready to go is a pretty good motivator. One of the easiest breakfasts to make ahead of time is Overnight Oats.
Overnight Oats can be prepped days in advance and just hang out in your fridge until you’re ready to eat them (I’ve always eaten mine within 4 days of making them). They pair well with almost any fruit, and to make a complete breakfast, I usually eat them with a hardboiled egg (that I’ve also made prior).
This breakfast is so quick, that half-sleeping Bre barely has to put any thought into it. Just the way I like it!
- 1/2 cup oats, rolled or quick (48g): $.08
- 1/2 cup milk (122g): $.29
- 1 tsp chia seeds (4g): $.08
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (7g): $.14
- 3 medium strawberries, sliced (36g): $.15
- 1/2 cup water, for thinner oats (113g): $FREE!
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Refrigerate overnight (at least 4 hours).
- Wake up.
- I like my oats thick and use equal parts oats and water. My husband likes his thinned out so he uses double the amount of liquid as oats.
- There are so many easy ways to spruce this up. Try different berries like blackberries or raspberries. Add in a banana. Mix in peanut butter! Add a dash of cinnamon or a splash of vanilla. The possibilities are endless.
- Total Servings: 1 | Total Cost: $.74 | Cost per Serving: $.74
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!