This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCan #CollectiveBias
This time of year it seems that time keeps running faster and faster and before you know it, the New Year is here! Between holiday shopping, office parties, and family celebrations, life can be a bit hectic. That’s why I love to have an easy meal that I can make ahead of time and simply reheat and eat throughout the week. Enter my One Pan Mexican Frittata.
- It only takes 10 minutes to prep.
- It reheats beautifully, but also tastes delicious cold.
- It pairs well with a simple salad for a complete meal.
- It can be eaten for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner!
- It is made with just a handful of ingredients.
- It is super inexpensive to make.
- It is a breeze to clean up since it uses just one pan!
As December is already slipping away from me, I headed to Walmart this past weekend to pick up the ingredients for my favorite frittata so I’d have something easy, healthy, and afforable to eat this week. I grabbed the following items:
- 1 dozen eggs $2.37
- 1 lb mozzarella $3.64
- 1 (1o oz) can RO*TEL $.98
- 1 bunch cilantro $.78
- 16 oz chorizo $4.98
I love that this recipe takes only a few ingredients to make and costs just $.85 per serving. Plus, it’s super adaptable to please all taste buds!
- 12 eggs: $2.37
- 8 oz chorizo: $2.49
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded: $.91
- 1 (10 oz) can RO*TEL: $.98
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped: $.05
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a cast iron skillet (or another ovenproof pan), brown chorizo.
- Dab excess grease from pan with a paper towel.
- Top chorizo with half of the mozzarella.
- Whisk together eggs and pour into pan.
- Distribute half of the Ro*Tel and cilantro over the eggs.
- Place pan in oven.
- After 10 minutes, top frittata with remaining cheese, RO*TEL, and cilantro. (I like to do this so that my toppings don't all sink to the bottom.)
- Continue cooking for 15-20 more minutes or until eggs are set.
- Enjoy hot or store in the fridge for up to one week!
- To reheat: If stored in the skillet, simply pop in the oven for 10 minutes. If reheating individual pieces, microwave for 1 minute. Otherwise, eat cold for an on-the-go meal!
- Total Servings: 8 | Total Cost: $6.80 | Cost per Serving: $.85
Related Post: How to Cut Processed Food From Your Diet