This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #VivaLaMorena #CollectiveBias
Football season is coming to an end and you know what that means… It’s party time! Now I’m going to be honest with you all; I’m not much of a football (or sports) fan, but do you know what I am a big fan of? Commericals, halftime shows (Beyoncé, anyone?), and most importantly, delicious food!
If you’ve ever been to a football party, I’m sure the spread consisted of sizzling hot wings, piled plates of nachos, and ooey gooey dips. But now that it’s January, and you’ve made your New Year’s resolution to eat better, how are you going to avoid these less than healthy options?! My solution: bring your own healthy dish to share!
My Jalapeño Chicken & Guacamole Stuffed Mini Peppers fit the bill for your Big Game Day party. They take less than 20 minutes to make and are not only gluten free and paleo, but full of bold flavors that will make everyone forget these things are supposed to be good for them.
To make these stuffed mini peppers extra flavorful, I love filling them with La Morena Jalapeño Peppers. These babies are hot, which makes my spicy-food-loving husband super happy! If you read my Tony’s Finer Foods grocery haul from earlier this week, you know that these jalapenos made it into my cart. I love the convenience of them plus the price can’t be beat!
With just a handful of budget friendly, natural ingredients, you’ll be well on your way to having the perfect Game Day dish to share, all while keeping your waistline trim and your belly and wallet full. SCORE!
- 1 lb (about 18) mini sweet peppers: $2.99
- 1 (7 oz) can La Morena sliced jalapeños: $1.19
- 8 oz guacamole: $2.00
- 6 oz roasted chicken, shredded: $.45
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (optional): $.05
- Set your oven to broil and let preheat.
- Cut off tops of mini sweet peppers, slice in half lengthwise, and remove seeds (I used a small dessert spoon).
- Place peppers in oven sliced side down and roast for 5 minutes to soften.
- While peppers are roasting, drain jalapeños and dice into small pieces.
- Mix jalapeños, guacamole, and chicken in a bowl.
- Once peppers have finished, allow to cool enough to handle, then turn them sliced side up.
- Stuff peppers with guacamole mixture.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro.
- To save time, cut and deseed the peppers in advance.
- If spicy isn't your thing, leave out the jalapeños and choose mild guacamole. They'll still be tasty!
- Total Servings: 6 | Total Cost: $6.68 | Cost per Serving: $1.11
- One serving equals 6 pieces.
- Calories: 141 | Protein: 11 g | Fat: 7 g | Carbs: 8 g | Full Nutrition Facts
For more Game Day menu inspiration, check out La Morena’s recipes!