Last week Ty and I were back home in North Dakota for 8 days. It was so good to see our family and friends! Buuuuuuut, we both caught the flu. Grocery shopping after vacation is already hard enough, then throw being sick on top of it, and my favorite pastime (yes, I love grocery shopping that much) sounded downright awful.
I skipped the store Sunday… And Monday… But finally kicked myself into gear today and stocked up on food this morning before work at 7:30am. I did this one other time, and I’ve got to tell you, grocery shopping in the early morning is kind of nice. There was barely anyone else in the store and the lines were basically non-existent. Plus, I somehow managed to get in and out of the store in under 20 minutes. That’s seriously a record for me! I’m not saying I’ll make this my new routine, but if it happens again, I won’t complain.
Not pictured: a delicious chocolate chip cookie and a soda water
Healthy Grocery Haul Highlights
The best deals of the week were…
- Raspberries $2.50/9oz
- Grape Tomatoes $1.50/pint
- Mushrooms $1.25/8oz
- Green Bell Pepper $1.00/lb
- Cauliflower $.95/lb
- Sweet Potatoes $.50/lb – THIS ONE TAKES THE CAKE!
- Salsa $1.50/16oz jar
- Tortilla Chips $2.25/16oz bag
Total Spent: $56.09
Meal Plan Ideas
What you see here isn’t all we will be eating this week. We always have some items stocked up in the freezer and pantry, like stir fry veggies, beans, and peanut butter. But for the most part, this is what will make up the majority of our meals for 7 days.
- Foolproof Hard Boiled Eggs
- Toast with Bananas and Peanut Butter*
- Cottage Cheese with Raspberries
- Cheeseburger Salad made with Ground Beef, Spring Mix, Onion, Green Pepper, Avocado, and topped with Mustard* and Ketchup*
- Taco Salad made with Ground Beef, Spring Mix, Onion, Green Pepper, Avocado, and topped with Salsa, Chips, and Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Beef Stuffed Mushrooms made with Ground Beef, Button Mushrooms, Green Pepper, Onion, and Spices*
- Baked Chicken Thighs served with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Carrots
- Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup made with Mushrooms, Cashew Milk, Onion, Flour*, and Spices* and served with Baked Chicken Thighs
- Apple drizzled with Peanut Butter*
- Carrots dipped in smashed Avocado
- Chips and Salsa
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!