One year ago today, I hit “Publish” for the first time and BOOM! Crafty Coin was live. And although October 8th, 2014 was my official first post (read it here!), I didn’t start telling my friends and family about my blog until well into November. It’s scary sharing yourself with the world!
Today, I couldn’t be happier that I started this blogging adventure. A year ago I had no clue that I liked HTML coding; now I know I love it! 365 days ago I had never done any sort of design; now I can quickly whip up graphics. In 2014, I had never picked up a DSLR camera in my life; now I own one (which I still need to figure out how to use better!).
Basically, blogging has given me a creative outlet and has been a place to discover new passions.
And most of all, it has introduced me to so many great people, both online and in real life. So to all of you readers, I want to say a HUGE THANK YOU! Thanks for joining me during year one of Crafty Coin’s journey. Let’s see what year two has in store!
But first, a trip down memory lane.
1. Clean Eating on a Budget at Trader Joe’s // 2. Trader Joe’s Meal Plan // 3. Budget Grocery Price List // 4. Clean Eating on a Budget at Costco // 5. Clean Eating on a Budget at Whole Foods Market // 6. A Week of Real Simple, Real Food Dinners // 7. Clean Eating on a Budget at Target // 8. Why I Quit Meal Planning // 9. Healthy 5-Minute Breakfast // 10. 7 Health Benefits of Eating Unprocessed Food // 11. FAIL! Real Food Grocery Haul // 12. 3 Reasons You Should Learn to Love Whole Chicken // 13. How to Roast Any Vegetable + Combination Ideas // 14. Another Week of Real Simple, Real Food Dinners // 15. Dollar Store Kitchen Organization
Advice to Bloggers
In year one, I gained so much blogging knowledge. Here are little tidbits of information I want to pass along to other new bloggers! If you’ve got questioned, comment below or email me at email@example.com
- Join Facebook groups! (blogging groups, recipe groups – find groups that fit your niche!)
- Join Pinterest group boards!
- Use WordPress Reader! (Whether you’re WordPress.com or WordPress.org, use this to connect with other blogs!)
- Find real life blogging networks! (If you’re in Chicagoland, check out Windy City Blogger Collective.)
- Commit to a blogging post schedule! (I post at least three times a week.)
- Commit to a social media post schedule! (When I was actively trying to grow my following, I posted daily. Now I typically post Monday through Friday.)
- Set blogging goals!
- Say YES!
And most of all, if you find yourself in over your head, take a step back and ask yourself why you started blogging in the first place. Above all else, your blog should be something you enjoy, not dread. It is uniquely yours. Find what works for you and stick with it.
Is there anything you’d like to see from Crafty Coin in year two? Please share below!
Related Post: Weekly Grocery Haul: 10/5/14 + Welcome!
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!