I have a thing for “mom clothes”. I’m 26 and kids aren’t even on my radar, yet I feel like my wardrobe is consistently filled with items and brands that are targeted at middle aged women with teenagers. Case and point: this crew neck sweatshirt. On my recent visit to Maine, Ty and I made a trip to Freeport, the cutest little New England town that’s covered in outlet shops. They had J. Crew, North Face, and PacSun. But where did I end up shopping? G.H. Bass.
Do you know what’s interesting? The year I lived in France after graduating college in 3 years, I noticed that all ages shopped at all stores. I was always surprised to see a 70-year-old woman in the fitting rooms of H&M, a store I had dubbed fit for a younger audience. Maybe my shopping habits make me ahead of the American fashion curve. Afterall, aren’t Europeans typically more advanced than Americans when it comes to style trends?
Who am I kidding?! I just really like mom clothes.
Regardless, if I layer things correctly, I feel like my mom clothes can still work for my 20-something vibe. For instance, when I paired this crew neck with my faux leather jacket, I felt like it totally upped the cool factor of my sweatshirt. I added some jewels from Accessory Mercado, and I no longer felt worried about looking older than my age!
Frugal Fashion Price Breakdown:
- Textured Crew Neck Sweatshirt (G.H. Bass) $15 from G.H. Bass Outlet
- Pleather Moto Jacket (Metaphor) $20 from Sears
- Sleeveless Collared Blouse (Forever21) $8 from Forever21
- Golden Glam Necklace (Accessory Mercado) $25 from Accessory Mercado
- Cropped Skinny Denim (7 for All Mankind) $23 from thredUP
- B&W Striped Heels (BCBGeneration) $20 from DSW
- Horn Rimmed Sunglasses (zeroUV) $11 from Amazon
Total Cost for Outfit: $122
Deals for you!
- Want my necklace? Get it for 15% off when you use my discount code CRAFTYCOIN on Accessory Mercado. Discount is good on anything!
- Like free money? Get $10 to shop at thredUP by signing up through my link!
- Love my sunglasses? They’re dirt cheap on Amazon! Buy them here for $11!
What’s your favorite place to shop for great deals?
P.S. Here are my favorite $8 boyfriend jeans.
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!