Eating healthy takes work. The majority of the meals I make are made from scratch using fresh ingredients. On Sundays, I put aside a couple of hours to do my grocery shopping and meal prepping for the week. But what do you do when you’ve run out of time and just need something quick for a snack or something easy to throw in the kids’ lunch boxes? Grab a box of Triscuits!
Why I Love Triscuits
The number one reason I opt for Triscuit crackers is because they have a short ingredient list: whole grain wheat, vegetable oil, and sea salt. But beware! Not all Triscuits are created equal. Always read the ingredient list and when in doubt, go for the Original.
Because of this, Triscuits make for a great alternative to bread. I’m not opposed to eating sandwiches, but it can be hard to find bread that’s made with natural, wholesome ingredients (we buy Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Bread – usually found in the freezer aisle). If you can’t find a loaf that’s not full of additives, grab some Triscuits and enjoy them with your favorite sandwich toppings!
I also love that Triscuits are shelf stable so I don’t have to worry about them going bad on me like the mushrooms or chicken I’ve got sitting in the fridge. Finding natural products that are grab and go can be hard. Triscuits make life just a bit easier! (Larabars are another favorite simple ingredient snack of mine.)
How to Enjoy Triscuits
- With sliced tomatoes, freshly grated parmesan, and a bit of basil.
- With peanut butter and jelly. (Here’s my favorite peanut butter.)
- With a slice of cheddar cheese and apple. (Here’s my favorite cheese.)
- With homemade tuna salad. (We just mix a can of tuna from Costco with my homemade mayo.)
- With sliced avocado and some bacon.
- With hummus. (Here’s my recipe for Smoked Paprika & Garlic Hummus.)
What’s your favorite way to eat Triscuits?
Related Post: Smoked Paprika & Garlic Hummus