Now maybe it’s a bit cliche to love everything pumpkin spice, but I can’t help but feel that the mark of fall is embodied in its smell and taste. The only thing I don’t love about lots of pumpkin spice things are the additives and junk that are used to make them extra pumpkin-y. I’d rather stick to my own spice mix. That way I know what’s in it plus it’s a heck-of-a-lot cheaper than the store-bought stuff!
I scoured the internet and found these natural recipes that look like the perfect use for my DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix.
- Paleo Pumpkin Spice Latte
- No Bake Paleo Pumpkin Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream Recipe (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-free)
- Apple Surprise Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Pumpkin Spiced Nuts
Are you a pumpkin spice lover or could you go without?
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (7 g): $.12
- 1 tsp nutmeg (2 g): $.12
- 1 tsp ginger (2 g): $.12
- 1/2 tsp allspice (1 g): $.06
- 1/4 tsp cloves (.5 g): $.03
- Combine all ingredients in a small airtight jar.
- Shake to mix.
- Store in pantry.
- Use in any recipe that calls for pumpkin spice.
- If you don't have cloves, increase the amount of allspice.
- At my local Mariano's in Chicago, I was able to find cinnamon for $.99/2oz jar and bought organic options off all the other spices for $3.75/2oz jar. Calculations are based off of these prices.
Total Servings: 6 | Total Cost: $.45 | Cost per Serving: $.08
One serving equals about 1 teaspoon.
Read this next: DIY Spicy Taco Seasoning