I’ve never considered myself a foodie. I mean, what is a “foodie” anyway? According to Wikipedia it’s “…a person who has an ardent or refined interest in food and alcoholic beverages. A foodie seeks new food experiences as a hobby rather than simply eating out of convenience or hunger.” And Dictionary.com defines it as “ Being that I keep an ongoing list of desired kitchen gadgets and must-try restaurants in the Notes app on my iPhone… I suppose I should just come to terms with the fact that I am a foodie.
So for my birthday, when asked by my husband Ty if there was anything I wanted, I ever so sneakily sent him my list of kitchen gadgets. Since we live in a 700 square foot apartment with just two feet of kitchen counter space, you can imagine that there isn’t a lot of room for hoarding stuff. We try to stick with the basics, but my experimentalist inner chef wants to buy every avocado slicer and banana keeper she finds! But I (usually) resist and head home gadget-less.
But as of last Tuesday, I can now proudly add three new contraptions to my kitchen thanks to my one and only! Here are the three things he picked out for me from my list.
What to Give Your Foodie
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Can you believe I didn’t already have one of these?! Every good cook is supposed to have a cast iron skillet in their kitchen. They aren’t even expensive. If your foodie doesn’t have one, get them one ASAP.
- Pictured is the Utopia Kitchen Pre-Seasoned Cast-Iron Skillet, 10.25 inch. Purchased on Amazon for $14.99. Find it here.
- Ice Cream Maker
- If you need to know only one thing about me, it’s that ice cream is my favorite food. Every time I see recipes for homemade versions of my favorite treat, I can’t help but drool with envy. Now I can make my own! I debated keeping this because it is nearly the size of my food processor, but for me, it’s so worth the cupboard space.
- Pictured is the Cuisinart ICE-21 Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker. Purchased on Amazon for $41.99. Find it here.
- Apple Corer
- Okay, why did I want this? I know it was on my list, and I probably added it after seeing some recipe that needed it, but now I can’t remember what I was going to do with an apple corer… Core apples I suppose. Regardless, I’m still excited to add this little thing to my collection.
- Pictured is the OXO Good Grips Corer. Purchased on Amazon for $8.99. Find it here.
If you buy anything from Amazon, be sure to sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial for free shipping. (Hint: If you have more than one email address, you can sign up for the trial multiple times!)
Do you own any of these gadgets? I’d love for you to share your favorite recipes that use them so I can get to work in the kitchen!
And if your foodie already has everything her heart desires, you can just get her flowers. Actually, you should always send flowers.
Need some more foodie gift ideas? Check out these posts!
Or browse the Crafty Coin Amazon Store!