Hi! I’m BreAnna Rood and I am so glad you’re here.
I have a passion for cooking from scratch with natural ingredients, finding fashion bargains, traveling to new places, and most of all, saving money!
Hailing from North Dakota, I moved to Chicago two weeks after getting married to my love Ty. From The Windy City, we moved onto The Big Apple and now call NYC home. I truly believe New York is the greatest city in the world, but’s also one of the most expensive to live in. With that, I’m working to save our little household every coin I can.
We’re successfully reaching our financial goals through a frugal lifestyle and I want to help you do the same!
My mission is to teach you how to spend less so you can live more.
To find out more about what this means, check out this post!
26 Random Facts About Me
- My favorite color is purple. But not lavender. More of the eggplant variety.
- I met Ty in the 6th grade, but we didn’t become friends until our junior year of high school. And although we went to our senior prom together, we didn’t officially start dating until right after high school graduation.
- I have 6 nephews and 1 niece. The oldest is 17 and the youngest isn’t even 1 yet!
- I taught English in France for one year. (Et oui, je parle un peu français.)
- I’ve visited 21 countries – Japan was my first when I was 15 and it’s what ignited my love for travel.
- I grew up in the second coldest city in the United Sates. So Chicago’s winters are no big deal to me. JK. The cold always shocks me.
- I got my first credit card when I was 14. This is also when my mom put me on my first budget.
- I had to take my permit test 3 times AND my driver’s test 3 times. (Which is my I’m more than happy living without a car.)
- I Love Lucy was my favorite show growing up and I have a collection of Lucille Ball Barbie dolls.
- Every year for Christmas, my mom bought me a new Precious Moments figurine. I did not continue the tradition as an adult.
- I prefer Thanksgiving over Christmas.
- I dyed my hair for the first time when I was 13 – and it was jet black.
- If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, I’d be ice cream (vanilla bean, please).
- I’m 5″4′. I’ve been this height since I was 11.
- My middle name is Louise. And so is my mom’s. And if I ever have a daughter, it will probably be hers too.
- I still miss my maiden name, but am glad I took Ty’s last name. (It’s been almost 3 years since our wedding!)
- I’m the worst at keeping my clothes off the floor. (Until now!)
- I’m more book smart than street smart.
- I seriously love grocery shopping. Ty and I once went on a date to Costco and I was in heaven.
My dream is to volunteer in Africa.I did it!
- I don’t have any tattoos, but I really want one. I’m just non-committal!
- I am not an animal lover. But I’m slowly warming up to them… I can now pet a dog without getting nervous. Sometimes I even have fun with them.
- “Who’s your celebrity crush?” This question seems to come up at all stages in life, and I never have an answer. I just don’t get the whole imagining-yourself-with-a-celebrity thing.
- I can now enjoy a cup of black coffee. And I’m really proud of myself. It feels like this is a milestone in adulthood.
- I talk to my 93-year-old grandma every day on the phone. Usually when I’m walking home from the train.
- I’ve been journaling since I was in the first grade, but I never go back and read my old journals. They’re embaaarrrasssing!
Want to chat?
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!