If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know that I love these homemade Almond & Sea Salt Dark Chocolates! With only 5 natural ingredients that I almost always have on hand, they are the perfect treat for when my sweet tooth has a craving. My theory on junk food is that if you have to take the time to make it yourself, then you should enjoy and indulge guilt-free!
- 1 oz almonds (28g): $.31
- 3 tbsp honey* (63g): $.51
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (56g): $.74
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (20g): $.59
- Sea salt, to taste: $ basically zilch
- 12 mini silicone baking cups (like these)
- Melt coconut oil and honey together (I just stick them in the microwave for 20 seconds or so).
- Add unsweetened cocoa powder to the melted ingredients.
- Roughly chop almonds and add to your mix.
- Stir everything up.
- Scoop into 12 mini silicone baking cups.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. (This is very important. The sea salt is what makes these extra delicious!)
- Freeze until hard, about 20 minutes. (I put the cups on a plate so they are easier to transfer.)
- You know how your coconut oil turns to liquid if your house is super warm? Basically, these chocolates don't last too long outside of the freezer because the coconut oil begins to melt. But this isn't usually a problem around my house since they are long gone before this starts to happen. Just be cautious if wanting to transport these somewhere!
- *To make these vegan, just substitute pure maple syrup for the honey!
Total Servings: 12 | Total Cost: $2.15 | Cost per Serving: $.18
Calories: 73 | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Carbs: 6g | Full Nutrition Facts
Curious where I get my prices from? Even though I may have found an ingredient cheaper, to keep things simple, I’ve calculated all costs based on my Budget Grocery Price List, my list of maximum prices I’ll pay for any groceries.