We all want our lives to be just a little bit easier. Well, friends, I’m here to show you how to make that happen! I’ve discovered that Google is my new kitchen BFF. It helps me get dinner on the table quicker all while keeping my head on straight.
My favorite ways to use Google in the kitchen.
- Nutrition Info. There are two ways I use this.
- To understand the nutrition information of an ingredient. On the right of the Google search, all the information is listed as you scroll down. If I want to know how many calories were in 100g of ginger as opposed to 5 slices, I can click the little arrow on the “Amount Per” line and change the serving size right on the results page. I love this feature.
- To compare two ingredients. Ever wonder what has more sugar, strawberries or raspberries? You’ll find the answer quickly with Google! Push the down arrow to compare all the macro- and micro-nutrients.
- Volume Conversions. Remembering how many teaspoons are in a 1/4 cup can be a pain. But not with Google! Simply type the conversion into the search bar and you’re on your way to doubling that recipe.
- Cooking Times. Just ask Google how long to roast, boil, or bake your items, and it’ll most likely give you a pretty straightforward, easy answer.
- Timer. I don’t personally use this feature of Google very often, but it is nice to know it exists. If you ever run out of timers in the kitchen, just pull up Google and you’re all set!
Do you have any other Google tricks for the kitchen? Please share below!
Join the newsletter
Learn how to spend less and live more with the Crafty Coin newsletter.
Get my latest posts and tips sent to your inbox!